Ph.D. Rutgers (with R.A. Moss);
Postdoc. MIT (with H.G. Khorana)
Swarnajayanti Fellow (DST), S.S. Bhatnagar Award (CSIR), F.A.Sc. FNA.
- Lipids and their analogues.
- Nucleic acid targeting/binding/modifyingmolecules.
- Decontamination Reactions in aggregates
- Biomolecular Sensors
2. Chemical Biology
- Mechanism of Drug action on DNA.
- Chemistry of Telomeres.
- Membrane Formation and Assembly.
- Gene Transfer.
3. Supramolecular Chemistry
- Surfactants, Liquid Crystals, Oligomers
- Low Molecular Mass Gelators
4. NanoScience & NanoTechnology
- Nanoparticles and Nanomaterials
- P. Chaudhuri, B. Ganguly & S. Bhattacharya (2007) An Experimental and ComputationalAnalysis on the Differential Role of thePositional Isomers of Symmetric Bis-2-(pyridyl)-1H-benzimidazoles as DNA Binding Agents. J.Org. Chem. 72, 1912.
- S. Bhattacharya & A. Bajaj (2007) Membrane- Forming Properties of Pseudoglyceryl Backbone based Gemini Lipids possessing Oxyethylene Spacers. J. Phys. Chem. B, 111, 2463.
- Bajaj, P. Kondiah, & S. Bhattacharya (2007) Design, Synthesis and in-Vitro Gene Delivery Efficacies of Novel Cholesterol based Gemini Cationic Lipids and their Serum Compatibity: A Structure-Activity Investigation J. Med. Chem. in press.
- S. Bhattacharya, A. Srivastava. & A. Pal (2006) Modulation of Viscoelastic Properties of Physicaln Gels by Nanoparticle Doping: Influence of the Nanoparticle Capping Agent. Angew Chem., Int. Ed. 45, 2934.
- S. Bhattacharya & A. Bajaj, (2005) Recent Advances in Lipid Molecular Design. Curr. Opin. Chem. Biol. 9(6), 647.
- J. Haldar, P. Kondaiah and S. Bhattacharya (2005) Antimicrobial Properties of Novel‘Cleavable’ Multi-headed Cationic Surfactants, J. Med. Chem., 48, 3823.
- Srivastava, S. Ghorai, A.Bhattacharjya, & S. Bhattacharya (2005) A Tetrameric Sugar basedAzobenzene that Gels Water at various pH valuesand in the presence of salts, J. Org. Chem., 70,6574.
- S. Bhattacharya & V. Praveen Kumar (2005) Effect of Heteroatom Insertion at the side-chain of 5-Alkyl-1H-tetrazoles on their Properties as Catalysts for Ester Hydrolysis at Neutral pH, J. Org. Chem., 70, 9677.
- S. Bhattacharya & J. Haldar (2004) Thermodynamics of Micellization of Multiheaded Singlechain Cationic Surfactants, Langmuir, 20, 7940.
- S. Bhattacharya and A. Guliyani, (2003) First Report of Zn2+ Sensing Exclusively at Mesoscopic Interfaces” Chem. Commun., 1158.
- Y.K. Ghosh, S.S. Visweswariah and S. Bhattacharya (2002) Advantage of the EtherLinkage between the positive charge and theCholesteryl Skeleton in Cholesterol-basedAmphiphiles as Vectors for Gene Delivery,Bioconjugate Chem., 13, 378.
- J. Haldar, V.K. Aswal, P.S. Goyal and S. Bhattacharya (2001) Molecular Modulation ofSurfactant Aggregation in Water: Effect of theIncorporation of Multiple Headgroups on MicellarProperties Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 40, 1228.
- S. Bhattacharya and Y.K. Ghosh (2001) First Report of Phase Selective Gelation of Oil from Oil/Water Mixtures. Possible Implications toward containing Oil Spills Chem. Commun.185.
Biography is updated soon