- PhD (2006): University of Cologne, Germany (Advisor: Prof. Albrecht Berkessel)
- MSc (2002): Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India (Thesis Advisor: Prof. Parimal K. Bharadwaj)
- BSc (2000): R. M. Mission Residential College, Narendrapur, India
- December 2015 to present: Associate Professor at the Department of Organic Chemistry, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
- April 2010 to December 2015: Assistant Professor at the Department of Organic Chemistry, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
- 2008 to 2010: Postdoctoral Fellow at Harvard University, Cambridge, USA (Advisor: Prof. E. J. Corey)
- 2006 to 2008: Postdoctoral Fellow at Max-Planck Institute fuer Kohlenforschung, Muelheim an der Ruhr, Germany (Advisor: Prof. Benjamin List)
Awards and Fellowships
- Member of the Editorial Advisory Board of the Journal of Organic Chemistry (2018-2020)
- Dr. Basudev Banerjee Memorial Award for the year 2015 by Indian Chemical Society (2016)
- Dr. Srinivasan Rajagopalan Award by IISc Alumni Association (2015)
- Prof. Priti Shankar Teaching Award for Assistant Professors in Science for the year 2014 (2015)
- Alkyl Amines-Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT) Young Scientist Award (2014)
- INSA (Indian National Science Academy) Medal for Young Scientist (2014)
- NASI (National Academy of Sciences, India)-Young Scientist Platinum Jubilee Award (2013)
- Associate of the Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore (2012-2015)
- Thieme Chemistry Journals Award (2011)
- Max-Planck Postdoctoral Fellowship from the Max-Planck Institute fuer Kohlenforschung, Muelheim an der Ruhr, Germany (2006)
- The General Proficiency Medal 2002 for the Best Academic Performance in the MSc (2 Year) Program in Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Debaprasad Ghoshal Memorial Gold Medal for commendable performance in University Exam. 2000, R. K. Mission Residential College, Narendrapur.
- Development of New Synthetic Methodologies
- Asymmetric Catalysis
- Stereoselective Synthesis
- A Catalytic Enantioselective Iodocyclization Route to Dihydrooxazines
R. Suresh, A. K. Simlandy, S. Mukherjee, Org. Lett. 2018, 20, 1300-1303.
- Nitro-Enabled Catalytic Enantioselective Formal Umpolung Alkenylation of β-Ketoesters
A. Ray Choudhury, M. S. Manna, S. Mukherjee, Chem. Sci. 2017, 8, 6686-6690.
- Catalytic Enantioselective Desymmetrization of Norbornenoquinones via C(sp2)–H Alkylation
R. Sarkar, S. Mukherjee, Org. Lett. 2016, 18, 6160-6163.
- Enantioselective Dearomatization of Isoquinolines by Anion-Binding Catalysis en Route to Cyclic α Aminophosphonates
A. Ray Choudhury, S. Mukherjee, Chem. Sci. 2016, 7, 6940-6945.
- Enantioselective Formal C(sp2)−H Vinylation
M. S. Manna, R. Sarkar, S. Mukherjee, Chem.–Eur. J. 2016, 22, 14912-14919.
- Catalytic Enantioselective 1,4-Iodofunctionalizations of Conjugated Dienes
C. B. Tripathi, S. Mukherjee, Org. Lett. 2015, 17, 4424-4427.
- Organocatalytic Enantioselective Formal C(sp2)-H Alkylation
M. S. Manna, S. Mukherjee, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2015, 137, 130-133.
- Remarkable Influence of Secondary Catalyst Site on Enantioselective Desymmetrization of Cyclopentenedione
M. S. Manna, S. Mukherjee, Chem. Sci. 2014, 5, 1627-1633.
- Enantioselective Desymmetrization of Prochiral 1,3-Dinitropropanes via Organocatalytic Allylic Alkylation
S. J. Singha Roy, S. Mukherjee, Chem. Commun. 2014, 50, 121-123.
- Synergistic Lewis Base and Anion-Binding Catalysis for the Enantioselective Vinylogous Addition of Deconjugated Butenolides to Allenoates
V. Kumar, S. Mukherjee, Chem. Commun. 2013, 49, 11203-11205.
- Catalytic Enantioselective Iodoetherification of Oximes
C. B. Tripathi, S. Mukherjee, Angew. Chem., Int. Ed. 2013, 52, 8450-8453.
- Catalytic Enantioselective Construction of Quaternary Stereocenters by Direct Vinylogous Michael Addition of Deconjugated Butenolides to Nitroolefins
M. S. Manna, V. Kumar, S. Mukherjee, Chem. Commun. 2012, 48, 5193-5195.
- Lewis Base Catalysis by Thiourea: N-Bromosuccinimide-Mediated Oxidation of Alcohols
C. B. Tripathi, S. Mukherjee, J. Org. Chem. 2012, 77, 1592-1598.